There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Submissions are now closed.
We've received enough work to fill our spring 2020 issue. Submissions will reopen in May.
General Submission Guidelines
Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please restrict your submissions to the page limits indicated for each type of submission, or unfortunately, your submission will not be reviewed.
If your submission is selected for online publication, remember the following:
- You will receive notification via email;
- Aji will require a brief bio (40-60 words—please don’t send us more!) to accompany your published work. Please edit your bio carefully. You may include one link with your bio.
- Please send a clear headshot or a professional photo to accompany your bio. Submissions of writers and artists who fail to do this may not receive review.
- We consider only previously unpublished work. Work that has appeared for general reading online has been published already, and so should not be submitted.
- Once we accept your piece, you must withdraw it from consideration elsewhere immediately.
- Aji will retain first North American serial rights to all material we publish. We will gladly allow republishing—just ask!