Aji magazine invites poetry, fiction, literary nonfiction, graphic art and photography on any subject. For our spring 2019 issue, we are especially interested in all things emerald—emerald cities, emerald isles, green-eyed monsters, velvet curtains, malachite, the bottom of a wine bottle, the mysterious green cicada, the shallows of the Green River. Submissions will close when the issue is full, probably early to mid January 2019.
General Submission Guidelines
Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please restrict your submissions to the page limits indicated for each type of submission, or unfortunately, your submission will not be reviewed.
If your submission is selected for online publication, remember the following:
- You will receive notification via email;
- Aji will require a brief bio (40-60 words—please don’t send us more!) to accompany your published work. Please edit your bio carefully. You may include one link with your bio.
- Please send a clear headshot or a professional photo to accompany your bio. Submissions of writers and artists who fail to do this may not receive review.
- We consider only previously unpublished work. Work that has appeared for general reading online has been published already, and so should not be submitted.
- Aji will retain first North American serial rights to all material we publish. We will gladly allow republishing—just ask!
Please limit short fiction submissions to 12 pages. Longer submissions may not be considered for publication.
Limit submissions to 7 pages. Longer submissions may not be considered for publication.